Vitamin B17 is considered to be a vitamin of intense importance. It is chemically called as Amygdalin, Linamarin Dhurrin, Triglochinin, Sambunigrin, Prulaurasin, Triglochinin, Linustatin, Neolinustatin, Laetrile and Lotaustralin etc. This vitamin is used in the cancerous patients and is found beneficial to them.
This vitamin is richly present in fruits. The important Sources of this vitamin are buck wheat, millet, lima beans, apricot seeds, flax, cherry seed, kidney beans, apricot seed , loganberry, green beas, sweet potatos, better almond
This Vitamin is important for our good health and life. It performs various important functions.
- The one of the most important function of this vitamin is its role being anti-cancer agent therefore it is utilized in the treatment of cancer.
- It is also helpful in reducing the pain cause by arthrititis.
- It causes reduction increase in blood pressure to its normal value.
- Vitamin B17 is very essential in maintaining good health of our body.
- It also gives boost and strength to our body immunity system.
Because of it very important effect in acting as an anti- cancerous agents, its deficiency may lead to increase risks of cancer in the human.
The recommended dose is considered to be 25 to100 mg.
There is no such dangerous effects cause by the overdose of Vitamin B17, but still there are chances in some food sources containing Vitamin B17, and eating such can even lead to poisoning. It has been found that apricot sees which is rich source of this vitamin also contain cyanide which is proved to be poisonous if used in excessive amount. The poisoning can result it very serious health effects.