The brain is the ultimate organ of body control system where each and every function of all parts of the body are regulated, controlled and processed. It is divided into three parts
Forebrain: It is further divided into the thalamus, the limbic system and the cerebrum
Midbrain: It contains reticular formation.
Hindbrain: It includes the medulla, pons and cerebellum.
It was a brief review of parts of brain. Now we will describe the functions of these parts of the brain.
- The Limbic system plays role in development of sensation of emotions including fear, rage, hunger, thirst, tranquility, pleasure and sexual responses. The limbic system parts e.g. hippocampus is concerned with recent memory, and amygdala consists of clusters of neurons that produces sensation of pleasure, punishment or sexual arousal when stimulate.
- The Hypothalamus functions are
- Autonomic control
- Endocrine control
- Temperature regulation
- Neurosecretion: Secretion of vasopressin and oxytoxin.
- Regulation of Food and Water Intake
- Emotion and behavior
- Control of Circadian rhythms.
- It serves as a conduit for the ascending and descending tracts and therefore connects the spinal cord with the higher brain centers.
- It consists of important centers associated with the control of respiration, cardiovascular system and with the control of consciousness.
- It contains important nuclei of cranial nerves.
These are the human brain functions. Now we will discuss how you can boost them with the help of natural supplements.
Boost your brain functions with natural brain supplements:
Human brain needs adequate amount of nutrients to synthesize neurotransmitters necessary for wide ranges of emotions and human well being. If diet is poor in nutrients, this will lead to brain malfunctioning and many chronic diseases e.g. Depression, Alzheimer’s, Parkinsonism etc. Some of the natural brain supplements that help to boost your brain are as follow.
- Ginkgo biloba: It improves short term memory and enhances the ability of the brain to use glucose.
- Valerian Root
- Gotu kola: It supports brain function and has unusual affinity for cerebral cortex.
- Passion Flowers
- Folic Acid: In brain acts as antioxidant.
- Vitamin B complex: They prevent dementia, mood changes and fatigue.
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Phosphatidyl serine and choline: They improves mood and are antidepressant and antianxiety.
- Hydroxytryptophan: It acts as transmitter in the brain.
These should be included in everyone’s diet in order to live a healthy life. They should be in specific combination to enhance brain activity properly. Natural Nutritional supplements thus enable the brain to achieve a natural balance and help you to think and act being optimistically and also helpful in alleviating sluggishness and lethargy and panic feelings!