Food is the mainsay of our life and body. We are alive because of the food we eat. Without food we cannot survive more than a week. Food is needed at every phase of our life. Even we are in the womb of our mother, we need food to develop. Without sufficient nutrients in mother’s diet, infant could not survive. If he survives, he may develop number of fatal diseases. There are countless benefits of foods.
Healthy Food Provide Live to Our Body
If we eat healthy food, it helps us to live long and live happy. It keeps our body active and vigorous. The healthy diet characteristically engrosses the eating of proper amounts of all nutrients, over and above an adequate amount of water too. Nutrients are usually acquired from different sorts of foods. The necessity is to be aware of good foods and their benefit.
Food Provides Essential Nutrients
If food is healthy and well balanced, it will provide you with all the essential nutrients which our body requires on daily basis. The different kinds of nutrients found in foods are as follow:
- Carbohydrates: They are the richest source of energy for our body. They enable us to carry out strenuous and different tasks easily.
- Proteins: They are needed to make our muscle mass and to make them strong. Their components amino acids are required for the growth and repair of the parts and tissues of the body
- Lipids: These are also needed in the formation of membranes of the cell and to provide energy to the body
- Vitamins: Vitamins hold much importance for our body and without them body suffer from various dangerous diseases. Not only they are required for growth but also they act to remove toxins and free radicals out of our body.
- Minerals: They are compulsory to maintain electrolyte balance, fluid balance and to provide energy to our body.
These nutrients in foods are very imperative for the deterrence of many never-ending diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity and cancer.
Prevent From Diseases
If we eat healthy food that contains all the needed nutrients, then we will be saved from many diseases. We will be protected from mal-nutrition and starvation. When person does not get enough food, he starts declining both physically and mentally. You will see a clear difference in a person who eats well and in a person who is food deprived. A food deprived person will look like an old person even though he is not in older age; his/her skin will be lax while he will look like a skeleton having no mass on the body. All his/her looks will be deteriorated while he will be weak and susceptible to number of diseases and infections.
Food Make your Immune System Strong
When you eat food, energy will be delivered to all parts of the body. All the cells and tissues when fully fed will work properly. Likewise, strong body will possess strong immune system and an ability to fight against any kind of infections or diseases. As a whole, body will be healthy, radiant and well built if food you eat is healthy and regularly.
Sources of Food
Food comes from two origins, animal and plants. Foods of plant origin are vegetables and fruits while of animal origin are meat, chicken, milk and egg etc. They provide you good source of healthy food. Vegetables and fruits are considered superior in giving you good nutrients.